Monday 1 May 2017

SUGAR, SPICE, EVERYTHING ELSE

Besides, I love my current age in general, I've found myself in a very interesting phase. Now I see clearly that things I've ever loved had influenced on my life and preferences. Those things that I just liked once, did form my taste and views. And some are just gone. Like my attraction to Kate Moenning and her style (oh, I was obsessed, I even made the same haircut and bought similar clothes). But now it doesn't touch my life anyhow.
But  the exhibition I accidentally visited when I was 22, influenced on all my attitude to portrait photography, and I still think that Anton Corbijn is the best photographer ever. My love for french music of the 60-70-80s I've carried through all my life and it is still with me and I know for sure, that it will stay with me forever. My love for the North, northern art, culture, food, style etc. never was a secret, but now I can feel, how deep it did grow inside of me.
Somehow, it feels like an ability to distinguish true love from a momentary crush.

It's so obvious, there's actually nothing special - we all do consist of things that we've heard, seen, experienced. We develop through it, and it's a regular process. But now, at thirty, I see what exactly do I consist of. Like the disjointed  puzzle pieces of my childhood memories, teenage attractions and some deep loves of my young years got together (discarding not fitting ones) to create a structured unique picture - me.

No comments:

Post a Comment